Division of the responsibilities between the roles of the Chairman and Group Chief Executive
- Chairing and managing the business of the Board;
- Together with the Group Chief Executive, leading the Board in developing the strategy of the business and ensuring its effective implementation by the Executive management team;
- Ensuring effective dialogue with investors concerning mutual understanding of objectives;
- In conjunction with the Nomination Committee, taking responsibility for the composition and replenishment of the Board;
- Periodically reviewing with the Board its working practices and performance; and
- Ensuring there is an effective contribution from the Non-Executive Directors and a constructive relationship between Executive and Non-Executive Directors.
Group Chief Executive’s responsibilities
- Communicating a shared purpose and the culture, vision and values of the Group;
- The development and implementation of management strategy;
- The day-to-day management of the Group;
- Managing the Executive management team;
- Fostering relationships with key shareholders;
- In conjunction with the Group Finance Director, communicating the Group’s financial performance to investors and analysts; and
- Liaising with the Chairman to ensure effective dialogue with investors and stakeholders.