Bus ticket better than Police ticket
With the festive season in full swing, people across the region can safely enjoy a Christmas tipple by leaving the car at home, and shoppers and families can avoid the hassle and cost of busy car parks by taking advantage of great value travel with National Express Coventry’s group mTicket.
The group mTicket, available exclusively through the National Express Coventry mTicket app, is the cheapest way to get around this Christmas. For just £5 up to five adults, or two adults and up to four children, can travel together all day on National Express Coventry buses.
For those travelling after 18:00 the group mTicket is available for just £4. The nxbus mTicket app is available to download for free on the Google Play or App Store.
Tom Stables, National Express UK Managing Director, said:
“Our group mTicket provides great value travel for friends and families during this year’s festive period. People across the region can enjoy the party season together and save on taxi fares, or save that extra parking money to spend on gifts. Taking the bus really is the easiest and cheapest way to get around the Coventry this Christmas.”
The region’s largest bus operator has also introduced a festive freebie to say thank you to customers this Christmas. Bus users that buy a 12 month/52 week National Express travel pass this December get an early Christmas present with one month’s free travel.
National Express Coventry Christmas and New Year service levels are as follows:
- Normal Saturday service on Saturday 23rd December. Services 11 and 12 will operate a Holiday Saturday service
- On Christmas Eve there will be a normal Sunday daytime and evening service until 23:00
- There are no services on Christmas Day
- On Boxing Day a Sunday service will operate on most routes until 18:00
- Between Wednesday 27th and Friday 29th December a Saturday service will run, with some additional early morning journeys. Services 11 and 12 will operate a Holiday Saturday service
- On Saturday 30th December buses will operate on a normal Saturday service. Services 11 and 12 will be operating a Holiday Saturday service
- A normal Sunday daytime and evening will run on New Year’s Eve
- On New Year’s Day there will be a special service on main routes until 17:00
- From Tuesday 2nd to Friday 5th January 2018 a Saturday service will run with some extra early morning journeys. Services 11 and 12 will operate a Holiday Saturday service
- On Saturday 6th January 2018 a normal Saturday service will operate. Services 11 and 12 will operate a Holiday Saturday service
The National Express coach network is pulling out all the stops as travellers face a challenge to get home for Christmas and New Year.
There will be no rail services on Christmas or Boxing Day, engineering projects will be causing disruption on five of the UK’s seven mainline routes during the festive period, and workers are planning a series of strikes.
The coach operator is running a full complement of services over the festive period, including Christmas Eve, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. With 81 locations (10 more than last year) being served on Christmas Day itself and tens of thousands of seats available, it is its most comprehensive Christmas timetable ever.
For full details of National Express West Midlands bus ticket offers and services please visit the website at www.nxbus.co.uk/coventry. To book or find out more about National Express coach services visit www.nationalexpress.com.