Group Chief Financial Officer
Board of Directors
Chris has more than 26 years’ financial, commercial, treasury and IT management experience. He has a strong track record working with international organisations in these fields in both established and emerging markets, including in his work with Andersen Consulting, The Boots Company plc and Marakon Associates. He previously served as Group Financial Controller and Treasurer and then interim Group Chief Financial Officer at Inchcape plc, and Chief Financial Officer for North America at Diageo plc, where he also held several other senior roles.
Chris is a qualified management accountant
Key strengths in supporting the Company’s strategy:
- Provides effective financial support for the development and delivery of Company strategy
- Maintains robust management of internal controls, including risk management, providing a sound control and risk environment within which strategy can be delivered
- Champions the Company’s environmental leadership comprising one of the stakeholder outcomes of the Evolve strategy
- Builds strong relationships with the Company’s equity and debt investors helping to ensure their understanding of the Company’s strategy
Current external appointments:
- Non-Executive Director, Motability Operations Group PLC
We believe that the Group has created a number of value drivers that differentiate us from our peers as a leading operator in this critical sector.
Three strategic priorities drive the business forward
What we do
National Express Group is a leading international public transport operator, diversified internationally and by business area.