Group Chief Executive Officer
Board of Directors
Ignacio has more than 25 years’ management, operational, commercial, strategic and transformational growth experience within the freight and logistics industry.
Previous roles include CEO Spain & Portugal, CEO Brazil at TNT and Senior Vice President for Southern Europe, France and Benelux at FedEx. In his last position, Ignacio had responsibility for a business operating in over 22 countries, with 22,000 employees and generating annual revenues of over €4.5bn. He has a track record of leading international, complex businesses with a clear strategic purpose and inclusive management culture. Ignacio has a degree in international business from the American University of Paris and a postgraduate diploma in management and business studies from the University of Warwick.
Key strengths in supporting the Company’s strategy:
- Dynamic catalyst of transformation into high performing culture
- Strong strategic and operational leadership with clear financial and service improvements delivered
- Experience of leading large-scale complex businesses across many different countries and continents, assisted by being multilingual
- Has a focus on safety and using data analytics and technology to innovate and drive service efficiency, customer experience and excellence
- Has a strong focus on people and culture and solid credentials in M&A and business integration
Current external appointments:
We believe that the Group has created a number of value drivers that differentiate us from our peers as a leading operator in this critical sector.
Three strategic priorities drive the business forward
What we do
National Express Group is a leading international public transport operator, diversified internationally and by business area.