Independent Non-Executive Director
Board of Directors
Karen is a former FTSE 100 HR Director with an extensive track record. She brings over 20 years’ of leadership experience, including of international HR and business transformation, from across a variety of industries in the UK, US and Europe. She held an executive committee role as Group HR Director at The Sage Group plc for more than 10 years. After this, she held executive roles with a US based software business, followed by a FTSE 100 software company which she originally joined as a NonExecutive Director and Chair of its Remuneration Committee. Since 2019, Karen has pursued a Non-Executive portfolio career.
Key strengths in supporting the Company’s strategy:
- Puts people, their wellbeing, inclusion, recognition, reward and development at the heart of the Board’s discussions, supporting the Company on its pathway to achieving the employer of choice outcome of its Evolve strategy
- Uses her deep experience of supporting organisations undertaking M&A and transformation to support the Company in the delivery of its compound and consolidate customer proposition comprised in its Evolve strategy
Current external appointments:
- Non-Executive Director, ASOS PLC
- Non-Executive Director, Sabre Insurance Group plc
- Non-Executive Director, PageGroup plc
We believe that the Group has created a number of value drivers that differentiate us from our peers as a leading operator in this critical sector.
Three strategic priorities drive the business forward
What we do
National Express Group is a leading international public transport operator, diversified internationally and by business area.