It is our aim that National Express operations will advance the social, environmental and economic conditions in the communities we serve.
We have a positive impact on the environment - journeys made on our services result in less pollution than would be the case if our customers chose other modes of motorised transport. We are committed to promoting the environmental advantages of public transport.
Recognising that our operations can also have an impact on the environment we are trying to minimise the effects through good management practice. Every National Express Group company will:
- Assign a main board director with specific responsibility for the environment
- Have a systematic approach to environmental management to ensure compliance with relevant legislation, prevention of pollution and continual improvement in performance
- Provide staff with the necessary training, support and resources
- Require contractors and suppliers to manage the environment in line with this policy
- We will report on our environmental performance annually.
Group Chief Executive