Our Group Values make clear our priority and commitment. Nothing is more important at National Express than the health and safety of our customers, our staff, and any others affected by our operations.
Our customers should be able to take safety for granted when using our transport services, anywhere, and our staff should expect to go home at the end of the day, unhurt. National Express Group supports managers in the discharge of their health and safety responsibilities to:
- Provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities
- Provide and maintain safe equipment
- Provide effective communications across our operations
- Ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training
- Measure performance in the management of health and safety
- Maintain safe and healthy working conditions
- Provide resources to ensure we deliver against our responsibilities
- Commission audits to provide assurance that adequate systems are in place and effective
- Review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals
These will be delivered through long standing arrangements for health and safety management as well as more recent initiatives such as Global Safety Standards and Golden Rules. Each division supplements the Group arrangements with policies and standards specific to its business activities. We will further develop and enhance these arrangements as we strive, relentlessly, to reduce and, where possible, eliminate health and safety risks.
The Chief Executive/Managing Director of each division carries overall responsibility for putting in place arrangements for controlling operational health and safety risks within that division and, where appropriate, ensures that responsibilities within the division's companies are assigned in a Safety Management System.
Health and safety will always be my top priority. It must be the same for everyone across the Group.
Group Chief Executive
National Express Group