National Express Coventry bus service changes from 22nd November 2021
17 November 2021 1:00 PM
National Express Coventry is making changes to some of its bus timetables from Monday 22nd November 2021 to improve service reliability.
The bus operator is advising customers to check the latest timetables before they travel. Full details are available on the website here.
Chris Gibbens, Commercial Director for National Express Coventry, said:
“Like many other bus companies, National Express Coventry has recently suffered some unavoidable bus service disruption due to the nationwide issue of driver shortages. We are sorry to have let any of our customers down.
“From 22nd November we are adjusting some of our bus services to provide better reliability for our customers. Some services will run on revised timetables and some journeys will change slightly to provide better overall connectivity.
“We will continue monitoring our services closely and keep our customers updated. In the meantime we would like to thank all of our customers for bearing with us and urge them to check the latest timetables before they travel.”
A summary of the changes coming into effect from 22nd November is below:
- Service 1 - revised timetable to coordinate with revised service 2. Buses will continue to run on an hourly frequency
- Service 2 - change to frequency Monday to Saturday daytimes with services running every hour. Services 1 and 2 will provide a half hourly service between Coventry and Hearsall Common.
- Service 3 - change to frequency Monday to Saturday daytimes between Warwickshire Shopping Park and Arena Shopping Park with services running 15 minutes. Journeys serving University Hospital will continue to run every hour
- Service 8 - revised timetable during peak times Monday to Friday. The bus stop at Walsgrave Business Park will no longer be served in order to improve the reliability of this service. Nearest alternative stop is on Parkway
- Service 8A - revised timetable during peak times Monday to Friday
- Service 9/9A - revised timetable during peak times Monday to Friday
- Service 13 - change to frequency of Saturday daytime journeys, with services running up to every 12 minutes
- Service 16 - change to frequency Monday to Saturday daytimes with services running up to every 12 minutes
- Service 19 - change to frequency Monday to Saturday daytimes with services running every hour. There will be additional journeys at peak times Monday to Friday. Journeys will also be rerouted between Cannon Hill Road and Humphrey Burtons Road via Kenilworth Road and Leamington Road. Journeys towards Coventry will no longer serve Coventry Station Interchange and will instead serve a new stop at the junction of Manor Road and Park Road before continuing to the city centre via New Union Street and Corporation Street
- Service 21 - change to Saturday daytime frequency, with services running up to every 12 minutes
- Services 85/85B/85S - revised timetables with most journeys from Coventry to Rugby running earlier than they are currently
For full details of all National Express Coventry bus fares and latest services please visit www.nxcoventry.co.uk.