National Express Dundee announces service changes to the 15 and 17 service
Following a review of bus routes in the Whitfield area last year, National Express Dundee is pleased to announce routes 15 and 17 have been reviewed and extended taking into account customer feedback.
The revisions to the service have already been welcomed by workers at the Technology Park and the new Tesco Superstore. The Terminus will be in the new store car park adjacent to the entrance, which will offer better access for customers. The 17 route now also gives better access to the south west of the city from Whitfield.
Lawrence Davie, Director National Express Dundee said “I gave an assurance to the residents that their concerns would be listened to, and I am pleased to say this commitment has become a reality. After extensive consultation with residents groups, elected representatives and individuals, the full route has been reviewed and the company have made the changes.
“I am confident that these revised routes meet the requirements of the vast majority of our customers.
“With the support of Dundee City Council, approval has now been received for the new service to start on Sunday 1 March.”
National Express Dundee, formerly Travel Dundee, has been part of National Express since 1997 and is proud of its long association with the City and the communities it serves.
Notes to Editors:
Key points regarding the new service:
- Whitfield will now be served in both directions
- Six buses per hour, two 17’s and four 15’s
- Peebles Drivehas an increased frequency from 20 minutes to 10 minutes.
- Summerfield Avenuewill once again be the terminus point in Whitfield
- Both services will follow the same route until they approach the city centre on a 10 minute frequency
- Happyhillock Roadhas regained a 10 minute frequency
- The popular ASDA Milton link will now operate every 10 minutes
- Service 15 will travel down Albert Street into the centre
- Service 17 will travel down Victoria Road into the centre
- Service 15 will always terminate in the City Centre
- Both Services will return to Whitfield via Victoria Road.
- Service 17 will always terminate at the new Tesco superstore in South Road (except last bus)
- Service 17 will now serve the Technology Park and Ninewells hospital (7 days a week)
Further Route developments:
National Express Dundee is working on proposals for developing other routes and in particular meeting the needs of users of the 1c and 21 services and improving the east west routes 14 & 9x
Extensive consultation is ongoing and these further changes are anticipated commencing service in early June.
The timetable is available online at www.traveldundee.co.uk. Copies can be collected from the Travel Shop in Commercial Street.
National Express Dundee, formerly Travel Dundee, has been part of the National Express Group since 1997. They employ over 350 people and operate nearly 150 vehicles in the region.
National Express is a leading bus operator in the West Midlands, Dundee and London. In the West Midlands the group provides Europe’s largest fleet of easy access vehicles operating on a single area bus network. With a fleet of over 2,000 buses, National Express provides more than 500 bus services each year and also operates the Midland Metro light railway rapid transit system from Birmingham to Wolverhampton.