100 days of benefits for passengers from new c2c franchise
Local rail passengers have benefited hundreds of thousands of times from the new improvements launched by National Express train operator c2c in the first 100 days of the company’s new rail franchise.
To mark the start of the new franchise on Sunday 9 November, c2c introduced a host of new features including free Wi-Fi at stations, new smartcards, and discounted tickets.
In the 100 days since these products went live, passenger highlights include:
- More than 350,000 journeys have been made by passengers on the new c2c Smartcard
- c2c's new free station Wi-Fi has been used 160,000 times
- Over 5,000 people have saved money by taking advantage of new discounts of up to 50% on advance fares, and big discounts for seniors and students
- 15,000 passengers have downloaded the new c2c Live app for free
- On 15 different days, every single c2c train arrived on time that day – more than any other train operator. This included the very first day of the new franchise
c2c Managing Director Julian Drury said: “Customers have seen huge changes in the first 100 days of the new c2c franchise, and we’re amazed with how popular some of the new improvements have been. We’ve got many more plans in place to improve the service we offer, so we can provide passengers with a high-quality and punctual journey from start to finish.”