c2c reminds passengers that train times change from Sunday
National Express train operator c2c is reminding all customers that their train times will be changing from Sunday.
A new timetable is being introduced on 13 December to help more passengers travelling the longest distances to get a seat, and to provide better connections to more London stations.
Benefits of the new timetable include:
- 1,400 extra seats on services into Fenchurch Street on each morning peak, and room for 3,000 more passengers on board
- 50% more peak-time services at Chafford Hundred and Ockendon stations each morning, 45% more trains at Basildon station, and 30% more peak trains for passengers at Leigh-on-Sea and Benfleet
- Improved connections with the key transport interchanges of West Ham and Limehouse, providing faster journey times to Canary Wharf, Westminster and the West End
- The fastest peak journey times to Fenchurch Street have been protected, and off-peak journey times are faster
- Direct weekend services to Stratford and Liverpool Street
- Direct Sunday services into London from Purfleet, Rainham and Dagenham Dock stations for the first time, with frequency improved to two trains an hour
- Earlier first trains and later last trains on many routes
c2c staff have been handing out leaflets to passengers at peak times this week to advertise the new train times, along with station and on-board announcements, posters and adverts in the local media.
c2c has also produced a video with the help of local school children and builders to promote awareness of the timetable change, available here.
c2c Managing Director Julian Drury said: “We know these changes will affect everyone’s morning routine by changing their timetable, but more people will be better-off as a result.
“It will take a little time for everyone to try out their new services and decide which suits them best. So please bear with us: we don’t make changes like this often, but we are sure it will bring real benefits to more and more of our customers across the route.”
Full details of the timetable change are available online at www.c2c-online.co.uk/newtimetable.