Xplore plans January changes to bus network
Xplore Dundee is getting ready to make some changes to its bus network early in the New Year.
The bus operator’s proposals are currently being reviewed by Dundee City Council before taking effect from Sunday 13th January 2019. It follows the decision last month to hold off on timetable changes this year in order to implement further alterations to routes in Whitfield and Fintry.
Managing Director Christine McGlasson said: “We’ve continued to talk to our customers, community groups and local councillors and to carefully consider the options in front of us for these routes, particularly those in Fintry and Whitfield.
“Traffic patterns are constantly changing, and some of the city’s communities are growing quickly. It means we need to adapt fairly frequently, to provide services where they’re most needed, ensuring that these are reliable and safe.”
Full details of the timetable changes can be found on the Xplore Dundee website, at the Travel Centre or on Facebook and Twitter.
Some of the main amendments include:
- A revised daytime frequency for Service 5 from every 7 mins to every 10 mins, improving punctuality, and re-routing via Dickson Avenue to reach more customers in this area
- Re-routing of the Outer Circle to reduce the overall running time, improve the service’s reliability and address safety issues in areas of Charleston
- Services 15a/15c will cover more of the Whitfield area, improve links to The Crescent and speed up journey times for those living in the east of the community
- Doubling the frequency of Service 23 from 60 to 30 minutes, improving accessibility for a number of communities with an older population
- Timetable revision for existing routes on Services 32/33 to improve reliability, with continued monitoring of increasing congestion on Forfar Road
New timetables and further details are available online at xploredundee.com or from the Commercial Street Travel Centre during the coming weeks.