Bus changes on the way
Xplore Dundee buses in Courthouse Square
Xplore Dundee is reminding its customers to check the most up-to-date journey information ahead of timetable changes coming into place on Sunday 13th January.
Managing Director Christine McGlasson said: ““Traffic patterns in Dundee are constantly changing, and some of the city’s communities are growing quickly. That’s why we need to review our routes regularly and adapt fairly frequently, to provide services where they’re most needed, ensuring that these are reliable and safe.
“I would urge customers to check they’ve got the most up-to-date information and, where there are changes, to take into account there may be an alternative service to the one you usually use. If you need any help planning your journey, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our Travel Centre or contact Customer Services.”
Some of the main amendments include:
- A revised daytime frequency for Service 5 from every 7 mins to every 10 mins, improving punctuality, and re-routing via Dickson Avenue to reach more customers in this area
- Re-routing of the Outer Circle to reduce the overall running time, improve the service’s reliability and address safety issues in areas of Charleston
- Services 15a/15c will cover more of the Whitfield area, improve links to The Crescent and speed up journey times for those living in the east of the community
- Service 23 - frequency will almost double from 60 to 35 minutes, improving accessibility for a number of communities with an older population
- Timetable revision for existing routes on Services 32/33 to improve reliability, with continued monitoring of increasing congestion on Forfar Road
The bus operator will also be implementing a minor change to its fares from this Sunday, with adult single tickets rising by 5p. All multi-journey and longer-term tickets have been frozen for the second year in a row, including child/young person cash single fares and mobile tickets.
New timetables and further details of all fares, smartcards and the mTicket app are available online at xploredundee.com or from the Commercial Street Travel Centre