In July 2014 National Express Coach launched its Youth Promise – an industry-leading package of commitments for young people.
Developed in partnership with The British Youth Council, the National Express Youth Promise is built around five pledges: These are:
- We will offer great value travel for young people
- We will help young people into work and education
- We will work with the young people in the communities that we serve
- We will deliver the most accessible public transport network for young people
- We will showcase youth talent
Amongst other things, the National Express Youth Promise has lead to the creation of new apprenticeships, a structured work experience scheme and the investment of thousands of hours in young people's causes.
All National Express UK staff will are entitled to take a day's paid leave every year to spend conducting voluntary work for either a local cause close to their heart or to support our partner charities.
National Express also remains committed to offering equal pay for the same role for all frontline staff, regardless of their age.
The Youth Promise sits forms part of UK strategy to deliver the Community Value, and provides a platform to deliver opportunity for young people in our communities.