At National Express environmental concerns are at the heart of what we do. Our Community Value seeks to advance the social, environmental and economic conditions of those communities we serve.
Journeys made on our services result in less pollution than would be the case if our customers chose other modes of transport. We are committed to promoting the environmental advantages of our services to grow our businesses.
We seek to minimise the environmental impact of our services through good management practice, such as:
- Every National Express Group subsidiary company has a senior divisional representative, with specific responsibility for the environment and energy, represented on their executive.
- We have a systematic approach to environmental and energy management that delivers continual improvement in performance
- We always aim to prevent pollution and comply with, and where practicable exceed, the requirements of relevant legislation
- We seek to use resources sustainably. We set targets for reducing energy consumption and carbon emissions from our vehicles and site operations. We report on our environmental performance annually
- We work with industry partners to ensure our operations are resilient to adverse weather
- We seek to minimise the impact on biodiversity through reduced emissions, detailed spill response plans and creating action plans for new developments
- A environment and energy programme will be developed for main suppliers of goods and services