Our Group Values make clear our priority and commitment. More than anything else we value the health and safety of our customers, our staff, and any others affected by our operations.
Our customers should be able to take safety for granted when using our transport services, anywhere, and our staff should expect to go home at the end of the day, unhurt. National Express Group supports managers in the discharge of their health and safety responsibilities to:
- Provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities
- Provide and maintain safe equipment
- Provide effective instructions and information across our operations
- Ensure all employees are given adequate training, and are competent to do their tasks appropriately
- Measure performance in the management of health and safety
- Maintain safe and healthy working conditions
- Provide resources to ensure we deliver against our responsibilities
- Commission audits to provide assurance that adequate systems are in place and effective
- Review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals
Our ambition remains to drive all harm from our business. This is supported by the implementation of an effective safety management system including a framework of standards appropriate to each Division's business activities. We will further develop and enhance these arrangements as we strive, relentlessly, to reduce and, where possible, eliminate safety risks.
The Chief Executive/Managing Director of each Division carries overall responsibility for putting in place arrangements for controlling operational health and safety risks within that Division and, where appropriate, ensures that responsibilities within the Division's companies are assigned in a Safety Management System.
Health and safety will always be my top priority. It must be the same for everyone across the Group.
Group Chief Executive
National Express Group