Safety – Fatalities and Weighted Injuries (FWI)*
Our Group performance in 2020 demonstrates the benefit of our systems, policies and investment:
- In 2020 we saw a small increase in the score to 1.844
- This score compares to the best ever score recorded in 2019 and remains significantly better than historical scores as the second lowest score
- The 2020 scores represents a 71.9% improvement since 2018
- For the second year running, our businesses in North America and Morocco both recorded their lowest ever scores, improving by 32% and 82% respectively on the prior year
* We use a Fatalities and Weighted Injuries (FWI) Index to measure safety performance across the Group.
The FWI Index weights injuries by severity to give an overall standard based score. The definition has been amended in the year to excluded non-responsible minor injuries, with prior year numbers restated to give a like-for-like comparison.