Because transport is such an integral part of daily life, the history of National Express can be traced back to the early part of the 20th Century.
Find out more about the businesses which make up the current Group by following the links on this page.
- 1992: National Express Group floats on London Stock Exchange
- 1995: Acquisition of West Midlands Travel, one of the UK's largest bus companies
- 1996: Enters UK rail market with acquisition of Gatwick Express and Midland Mainline
- 1998: Enters US transport market with acquisition of Durham School Services
- 2004: Enters London bus market with acquisition of Travel London
- 2005: Enters Spanish coach and bus market with acquisition of Alsa
- 2007: Acquisition of Continental Auto in Spain
- 2012: Integration of Petermann into the North American business
- 2012: Launch of the National Express Foundation to support young people
- 2013: Launch of city2city scheduled coach operations in Germany