Across National Express Group, we have a number of privacy policies which set out how we collect your personal data and use it. The policies listed on this page cover different situations in which we might use your personal data.
PRIVACY NOTICE – SUBSCRIBERS FOR CORPORATE NEWS ALERTS
Who does this privacy notice apply to, and what is it about?
This privacy notice applies to you if you subscribe for corporate news alerts from the National Express Group.
This privacy notice, together with our cookies policy, explains what personal data we collect about you and what we do with it. This privacy notice also explains your rights in respect of your personal data and it informs you what to do if you have any questions or complaints about our use of your personal data.
Who is the controller of your personal data?
National Express Group PLC is the controller of your personal data that we process for the purposes explained in this privacy notice.
The data controller’s representative for the purposes of this privacy notice is the National Express UK Data Protection Officer, who can be contacted using the contact details set out at the end of this notice.
What personal data do we collect about you, and how?
We collect the following types of personal data about you:
- your name; and
- your contact information, including email address.
We collect this information about you by you providing it to us when you subscribe for news alerts from us.
In addition, each time you visit our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information including web usage information (e.g. IP address), browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); time on page, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
Please see our cookies policy which is available on our website for more information in this regard.
What do we do with your personal data, and on what basis?
We process your personal data to keep you informed about the National Express Group and its business in the way you request, i.e. by sending you news alerts.
We do this on the basis of your consent, which you provide when you subscribe for news alerts.
As we process your personal data on the basis of your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any of the news alerts that we send you.
What are our obligations to collect and your obligations to provide personal data?
We have no legal obligation to collect personal data about you but we need to collect personal data about you in order to send you news alerts.
You have no obligation to provide personal data to us but we will not be able to provide you with news alerts if you do not provide us with the information needed for this.
Who will we share your personal data with?
We may share your personal data with:
- other companies in the National Express group of companies, so that they may send you information about the National Express Group directly;
- suppliers and sub-contractors who help us manage our website and provide our news alert services;
- our legal and professional advisors;
- government bodies and regulatory authorities, including crime prevention and detection agencies and the UK Information Commissioner’s Office; and
- other companies that take on any part of our business as a result of a restructure, merger or transfer of that part of our business.
There may be occasions where it is necessary for us to transfer the personal data we collect about you to a country outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including where our suppliers who process your personal data on our behalf are based in such a country. It is possible that the country concerned may not be deemed to provide a similar level of protection for individuals’ rights in relation to their personal data as in the EEA. Where that is the case, we have entered into appropriate contracts with such data processors, based on the standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, a copy of which can be found here: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/en/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32010D0087, such that your personal data should be afforded the same level of protection as when it is processed in the EEA.
For how long will we process your personal data?
We will process your personal data only for as long as you wish to receive news alerts from us.
What rights do you have in relation to your personal data?
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- access your personal data;
- request the rectification or erasure of your personal data;
- request restrictions on the processing of your personal data; and
- object to our processing of your personal data.
You also have the right to receive a copy of the personal data that you have provided to us in a portable format e.g. Microsoft Excel.
Please contact the National Express UK Data Protection Officer if you wish to exercise any of the rights noted above.
What should you do if you have any questions or complaints?
If you have any questions or complaints about the way we process your personal data, you should contact the National Express UK Data Protection Officer at: email@example.com.
You can also complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office about how we use your personal data. You can do this by contacting them on their helpline: 0303 123 1113.